Earlier this year, I found myself with a wide gaping amount of alone time, a situation that I was previously never ever ever in before. So, on day one of this alone time, I was just bopping along in this chat room I hang out in all day and asked the following question.
"What should I listen to on my walk today?"
Now, it is important to note that I am not now, nor have I ever been, known for talking walks. In fact, I am pretty famous for hating physical activity (save for sex and tap dancing) and especially sweating. So, no, walking in the Florida heat is not in my wheelhouse.
Not missing a beat, though, my dear friend Molls piped in with "Black Flag." Not wanting to let her down, I set out on a walk, listening to something completely off brand for me.
AND I LOVED IT. In fact, I loved it so much, I made it my mission to repeat it daily. So, for the month of February, I asked a different person every day to give me a playlist to walk to. Literally no one disappointed, so here are ALL the playlists I walked to (and who suggested 'em) during the month of February.
- 2/3 - Black Flag - Molls
- 2/4 - Experimental Jazz - Linds D.
- 2/5 - Andy Grammar - Holly K-A.
- 2/6 - New Birth Brass Band - Big Tim
- 2/7 - Peace Out, 2020 - Hunter R.
- 2/8 - Lose Anthem Anthology - Ryan Mac.
- 2/9 - Valerie June - Pushin' Against a Stone - Danny G.
- 2/10 - Kitty - Rose Gold - Sheila M.
- 2/11 - 🏋️ - Lando
- 2/12 - The Alt-18-Most Requested Countdown - Rich S.
- 2/15 - Jazz Dispensary: Orange Sunset - Breanna M.
- 2/16 - Daya - Kara L.
- 2/17 - Sublime - Jolly
- 2/18 - Atlanta - P-Nut
- 2/19 - Sula & Chill Volume 1 - Stevie
- 2/22 - Ye - ME
- 2/23 - Men I Trust - Fritz
- 2/24 - Jacki - Debbie E.
- 2/25 - Tatsuro Yamashita - Boog
- 2/26 - Jazz Samba Encore! - Woozy
Yes, I skipped a few days. You caught me.
I have notes for my March and April lists, too, so you'll see those soon! Kind of fell off in May, but I'm getting back to it today, June 1!